Effective as of May 25th, 2018.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business. Where we provide the Services under contract with an organisation (for example your employer) that organisation controls the information processed by the Services. For more information, please see Organization-Administered Accounts section below.
1. Information we collect
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
1.1. Information you provide to us
Personal information that you may provide through the Services or otherwise communicate to us includes:
- Identity information, such as your first name and last name.
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Profile information, such as your username and password, and user preferences;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you respond to surveys, report a problem with the Services, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Payment information, such as your credit card or other payment card and billing details as described in the Payment Information section below;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us;
- Video and audio signals and data: When you enable the recording or streaming features of a camera by adding it to our Services, we may record and process video recordings from the device, subject to your instruction, configuration and settings. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analysing the data to identify motion or other events. If you instruct us by setting up your camera and choosing to receive mobile notifications, we may process information from your camera to send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period and you will be able to access those recordings using the Services during that time.
- Mobile location data: You may choose to enable Geofence features. If you do this, you’ll be asked for permission to share location data from your mobile device. If you grant this permission, the Niro application uses standard location services built into iOS and Android.
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
1.2. Information collected automatically when you use the Services
Our servers may automatically record certain information about how you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of the Services that you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which you use the Services, search terms, the links that you click on or use, and other statistics. We collect this information in server logs and by using cookies and similar tracking technologies to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and deliver advertising.
For more information, please see our Cookies Policy, which includes information on how to control or opt out of these cookies and tracking technologies. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Services’ features.
1.3. Information we receive from other sources
Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. We receive your email address from other Services users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services.
1.4. Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by emailing us at email@example.com
2. How we use your information
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Services;
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information as described in the Payment Information Section;
- To control unauthorised use or abuse of the Services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- For research and development, we use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services;
- To communicate with you about the Services. We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We also send you communications as you onboard to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- To send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference in by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
3. Disclosure of your information with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
3.1. Managed accounts and administrators
If you register or access the Services using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such organization wishes to establish an account or site, certain information about you including your name, email address and activity in the Services may become accessible to that organization’s administrator and other Service users sharing the same domain
4. Disclosure of your information with Third Parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information (in personally identifiable form) with third parties only as described below.
4.1. Affiliated businesses
In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses. You can recognise when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Nirovision Services.
4.2. Service Providers
4.3. Payment Information
4.4. User profiles and submissions
You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation video, images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on the Service (“User Submissions”). For example, we will share your video content with other users as directed by you via the functionality of the Services. We cannot control if other users you have allowed access to your User Submissions make such User Submissions publicly available and to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels.
4.5. Social Media and Third-Party Widgets
4.6. Links to Third Party Sites
4.7. Protection of Nirovision and others
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Nirovision, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4.8. Business transfers
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
4.9. With your consent
In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when you let us post your testimonials or endorsements in the Service. Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
5. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
Nirovision Pty. Ltd. will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it. We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose.
We will keep your data safe and secure.
We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation. We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
6. Your rights under the GDPR
If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. Nirovision Pty. Ltd. complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To be informed how your personal information is being used;
- Access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- To correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- To restrict processing of your personal information;
- To retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- To object to your personal information being used; and
- To object against automated decision making and profiling.
7. Hosting and International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to Australia, U.S.A.
We and our other group companies have offices and/or facilities in Australia, U.S.A. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Nirovision Pty. Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia, U.S.A. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Nirovision Pty. Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in Australia, U.S.A. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Nirovision Pty. Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
8. Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
8.1. Third Party Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
9. Access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR.
If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
10. Other important privacy information
10.1. Organization-Administered Accounts
Where the Service is provided to you through your employer or another organisation, that organisation is the administrator of the Service and we act only as its service provider. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of these organisations, which have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to contact them with your privacy-related questions or requests to access, correct or delete your personal information.
Please note that your organisation’s administrator may be able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information; and
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organisation or refer to your administrator’s organisational policies for more information.
12. Contact Us
Nirovision Pty. Ltd. 2/120 Sussex Street Sydney, NSW 2000. Australia